Employment Type: Permanent, full-time
Date: October 2018
We are looking for several exceptional, flexible and enthusiastic Project Managers to join our growing world class team.
About the Role:
Blu Wireless Technology develops cutting-edge wireless Gbps technology, based on the 802.11ad mmWave standard. Successful delivery of our commitments requires the collaboration of a wide variety of engineering professionals in RF, DSP, digital design, system architecture, board design and software development. This role will be responsible for running projects from inception to delivery, liaising with customers and partners, coordinating cross-team activities, planning and directing the project, and monitoring and reporting on progress.
What will I be accountable for?
- Working with project stakeholders to capture, record and track project requirements.
- Taking ownership of the creation of an execution plan, including resourcing, milestones, dependencies and risks.
- Monitoring and tracking progress against the plan, identifying issues and risks arising and proposing and planning solutions.
- Coordinating cross-team activities and tracking dependencies.
- Applying change management processes.
- Liaising with other managers to ensure effective and efficient project delivery.
- Providing reports on the project for senior management.
Desired Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or similar.
- Understanding of project and program management techniques and methods.
- Proven experience as a Project or Program Manager in a technical environment.
- Experience in managing relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Excellent skills with MS Office suite.
- Working knowledge of project management tools e.g. MS Project.
- Good organisational skills, communication skills and problem-solving ability.
Required Knowledge & Experience:
- Degree and experience in Electronic Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience of the semiconductor industry.
- Formal qualification in project management (e.g. PMP, Prince2, CSM).
More about us
We are a friendly and welcoming team located in the heart of Bristol, offering a competitive salary and equity scheme, in addition to lifestyle benefits. We are rapidly becoming a leading supplier of multi-gigabit baseband System IP to the emerging multi-billion dollar 4G backhaul and gigabit WiFi market.
Exploiting Bristol’s long heritage in parallel computing and consumer electronics technology, we have developed our powerful HYDRA baseband architecture that provides significant cost, power and performance advantages over competing solutions. This highly optimal, but flexible, architecture provides our customers with access to dynamic DSP algorithms for SC-FDE, OFDM and beam tracking so achieving world class performance in mmWave data communication.
We endeavour to respond quickly to all applications so if interested please submit your CV with a short covering note to email@example.com. Please make it clear if you require any Visa to work in the UK.