Linux SW Engineer
Employment Type: Permanent, full-time
Date: June 2018
We are looking for a technically exceptional, experienced SW Engineer with Linux kernel experience to join our software team.
About the role:
The software team at Blu Wireless Technology designs and develops production quality data-plane and control software for our cutting-edge wireless products. The work is a mix of ground-up development on multi-core devices and adaption of an existing 802.11 codebase. The team is also responsible for the development and release of complete Linux-based platform solutions for demonstration of our technology and as reference designs for multiple customers.
What will you be accountable for?
- Working with our board design and application teams, you will analyse system requirements and will define software specifications
- You will be responsible for the development of Linux software for our demonstration platforms and, as necessary, will adapt and integrate open-source networking infrastructure projects, Linux networking stacks, and device drivers to work with our technology
- You will be expected to take full technical and timescale responsibility for your tasks
- You will take part in the release testing process of our software and the debugging of any issues found
- You will be expected to follow our software development quality processes, and to participate in reviewing and improving our working methods
- You will be expected to develop an understanding of the parts of the 802.11ad standards that are relevant to your areas of work
- As your experience in our technology increases, you will be expected to provide insight into how to improve our future hardware and software platforms
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- C/C++ programming knowledge
- Knowledge and experience of Linux operating system shells, bootloaders, device drivers and kernel
- Experience of working in a software team and delivering production-quality software
- Ability to work in a highly motivated commercially driven environment
Desired Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of system board bring-up, debugging and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of wireless standards, (e.g. IEEE802.11, 3GPP)
- Knowledge of open-source networking infrastructure projects such as MPTCP, DPDK and Open vSwitch
- Experience of software version control, building and release management using tools such as git and Jenkins
More About Us
We are a friendly and welcoming team located in the heart of Bristol, offering a competitive salary and equity scheme, in addition to lifestyle benefits.
We are rapidly becoming a leading supplier of multi-gigabit baseband System IP to the emerging multi-billion-dollar 4G back-haul and gigabit Wi-Fi market.
Exploiting Bristol’s long heritage in parallel computing and consumer electronics technology, we have developed our powerful HYDRA baseband architecture that provides significant cost, power and performance advantages over competing solutions. This highly optimal, but flexible, architecture provides our customers with access to dynamic DSP algorithms for SC-FDE, OFDM and beam-tracking so achieving world class performance in mmWave data communication.
We endeavour to respond quickly to all applications so if interested please submit your CV with a short covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make it clear if you require any Visa to work in the UK.