Employment Type: Permanent, full-time
Date: July 2018
We are looking for a technically exceptional, experienced SW & HW Engineer with Linux and computer networking experience to join our applications team.
About the Role:
The applications team at Blu Wireless Technology designs and develops production quality data-plane and control software for our cutting-edge wireless products. The work is a mix of ground-up development on multi-core devices and adaption of an existing 802.11 codebase. The team is also responsible for the development and release of complete Linux-based platform solutions for demonstration of our technology and as reference designs for multiple customers.
What will you be accountable for?
- Working with our system architects, you will analyse customer requirements and will define software & hardware specifications.
- You will be responsible for the development of application-specific software and, as necessary, will adapt and integrate open-source networking infrastructure projects, Linux networking stacks, and device drivers to work with our technology.
- You will be expected to take full technical and timescale responsibility for your tasks.
- You will take part in the release testing process of our software and the debugging of any issues found.
- You will be required to travel to customer sites to support installation and commissioning of equipment for demonstrations and outdoor field trials.
- You will be expected to follow our quality processes, and to participate in reviewing and improving our working methods.
- You will be expected to develop an understanding of the parts of the 802.11ad standards that are relevant to your areas of work.
- As your experience in our technology increases, you will be expected to provide insight into how to improve our future hardware and software platforms.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- C/C++ programming knowledge.
- Proven in-depth experience in developing embedded software.
- Experience of working in a software team and delivering production-quality software.
- Practical problem solving and an ability to think on your feet
- Ability to work in a highly motivated commercially driven environment.
- Hardware experience.
Desired Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Embedded software design for layer 1 or layer 2 solutions for wireless communications.
- Knowledge of wireless standards, (e.g. IEEE802.11, 3GPP).
- Knowledge and experience of Linux operating system shells, networking stacks, device drivers and frameworks.
- Experience of software version control, building and release management using tools such as git and Jenkins.
More About Us
We are a friendly and welcoming team located in the heart of Bristol, offering a competitive salary and equity scheme, in addition to lifestyle benefits.
We are rapidly becoming a leading supplier of multi-gigabit baseband System IP to the emerging multi-billion dollar 4G backhaul and gigabit WiFi market.
Exploiting Bristol’s long heritage in parallel computing and consumer electronics technology, we have developed our powerful HYDRA baseband architecture that provides significant cost, power and performance advantages over competing solutions. This highly optimal, but flexible, architecture provides our customers with access to dynamic DSP algorithms for SC-FDE, OFDM and beam tracking so achieving world class performance in mmWave data communication.
We endeavour to respond quickly to all applications so if interested please submit your CV with a short covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make it clear if you require any Visa to work in the UK.